One of cork’s most defining characteristics is it’s ability to survive the ages. Golden Beach 8mm cork tile, a pattern made up of dense agglomerated cork, is the definition of “survivor”. Not only is it the original cork colour and pattern that has been loved through the ages, it is also an easy to care for product. Forna products are known to be refurbishable – that is to say they can be refinished without full sanding required. Golden Beach 8mm cork tiles takes that thought one step further. They can withstand a full sand and refinish if necessary.
Few cork tiles on the market today have the ability to withstand the aggression of a full sanding regime. Golden Beach 8mm is one of them. We have increased the density of the grain and ensured this pattern is the same throughout – top to bottom. This is known as a “massive” pattern. There is no veneer to take care of. No matter the depth of sanding, the surface appearance will remain the same.
That being said, there are very few circumstances that would require a full sand and refinish in today’s world. Forna’s factory finish is fully compatible with some of the best finishes that Europe can offer. Loba-Wakol products have served Forna floors well in the past. They continue to produce excellent 2 part finishes that exceed customer expectations. It would take a rare tragedy to require a full sand and refinish on today’s cork floors – but it is nice to know that with Golden Beach 8mm cork tiles it is always an option.
Some key features of this product are:
- Warm and comfortable under foot which allows you to save money on heating and cooling bills
- Reduces noise: keep noise from transmitting down through the floor, or up through the ceiling
- Impact Sound Reduction 22 dB (tested is 6mm)
- Keep out unwanted heat energy in the summer, keep it in the room in the winter
- Resilient, low slip surface making this an excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from arthritis or joint pain
- Impact resistant
- Naturally resistant to insects, mould, mildew due to anti-microbial prosperities
- Hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles – beneficial alternative to carpet
- Ecologically friendly – completely natural, recurring, and replenishable material
- Easy to clean and maintain and resists scuffs and stains
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives
- Stain resistant
- No VOC emissions