For years people have been hounding us to create a “basic black” cork floor. Finally we have an answer to “real black”. Jet Black 8mm cork glue down tiles are the best example of a “perfect” black that we have ever created. A true black, Jet Black does not show any undertones. It will not read blue, nor green, nor brown. It is the blackest of blacks. There is no other way to describe this cork tile other than “It’s black”.
The depth and intensity of the colour makes it as close to fade resistant as possible with natural cork. The heavy colouring of the stain makes this floor impervious to fading. We’ve tried to get it to fade – nothing. We’ve left it outside in the summer time – for more than 4 months. Nothing. The cork below the black might be changing colour, but the stain is so complete that it shows nothing of the changes below. The colour remains fixed.
Some key features of this product are:
- Warm and comfortable under foot which allows you to save money on heating and cooling bills
- Reduces noise: keep noise from transmitting down through the floor, or up through the ceiling
- Impact Sound Reduction 24 dB (tested is 6mm)
- Keep out unwanted heat energy in the summer, keep it in the room in the winter
- Resilient, low slip surface making this an excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from arthritis or joint pain
- Impact resistant
- Naturally resistant to insects, mould, mildew due to anti-microbial prosperities
- Hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles – beneficial alternative to carpet
- Ecologically friendly – completely natural, recurring, and replenishable material
- Easy to clean and maintain and resists scuffs and stains
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives
- Stain resistant
- No VOC emissions