Eco Clay 45/64″ (18mm) Cork Wall Panels 24SF/box
Cork has been used for thousands of years by humans for a variety of needs. It has stood the test of time and proven to be an exemplary product. In the 21st century it’s joined the construction industry. It’s a new day and we at Forna Cork flooring have brought to you a new way to wall. With our Textured Cork Wall Tiles line, you will find an eclectic collection of walling and ceiling tiles.
Are you longing for the call of the wild or just need a little bit of the great outdoors indoors? Come see out textured walling line and take a gander at out Ecoclay Cork Wall Panels. Taken directly from the natural bark of the cork oak tree, our Ecoclay panels are made from a layer of cork bark bonded to a layer of agglomerated cork sheeting for a total of 18mm of cork. The natural uneven surface of cork bark allows for maximum sound diffusion. It will participate in the reduction of reverb, echo, and reflection. As a soundproofing tool, Ecoclay works as an effective insulation. Due to cork’s honey-comb structure it genetically supports the ability to insulate against thermal and acoustic transfer. In fact, our Ecoclay has an estimated Delta IIC rating: able to absorb up to 40 dB of noise.
Naturally warm in appearance, our Ecoclay imbues a patina resplendent of natural cork bark. Warm golds, honey, caramel, and light browns shade the cuts and valleys for a visual effect. Make a dramatic statement or create subdued ambience, it’s all in your imagination to do whether you want an oasis of peace or a shout out to all who see it.
Our Ecoclay is currently available as walling panels in the dimension of 45/64″ (18mm) x 12″ (305mm) x 24″ (610mm). Each panel will cover 2 square feet. They are packaged as 12 panels per carton and will cover 24 square feet per carton. These tiles are light enough that they can even be applied to the ceilings.
Cork is a lighter, buoyant wood material. We call it softwood, but it’s actually a part of the oak or hardwood family. This innate property gives it the ability to be softer underfoot, allowing for better support for your feet and body. Unlike hardwoods and stone, which repel contact, cork has a small amount of ‘give’ that allows it to cushion your feet. On top of that, cork absorbs and disperses impact shock away from your body, so when installed on the wall, it works as acoustic control to absorb and disperse sound waves as well.
Although cork is a softer wood in comparison to its hardwood cousins it competes and excels in a number of areas that hardwoods fail. Most hardwoods can do some water or moisture resistance, but cork takes it higher with Suberin, a waxy substance generated within cork itself. Take a chance and order a sample today. Check cork out for yourself and see if our Ecoclay panels bring home a dream for you.
- Dimensions: 45/64″ (18mm) x 12″ (305mm) x 24″ (610mm)
- One Tile = 2 sf
- Coverage per carton: 24 sf
- Tiles per carton: 12
- Finish: Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Applications: wall
- Made in Italy
- ADHESIVE REQUIRED! It is ideal acoustic wall tiles for musicians’ rooms.
- Classic uneven design allows for maximum sound diffusion and reduction of reverb, echo, reflection.
- Sound proof insulation: one of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations. Estimated Delta IIC rating: absorb 40 dB of noise
- Thermal Insulation: natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter. Keep your home warmer in winters and cooler in summers
- Eco-friendly: a natural resistant to pests, mould, mildew and anti-allergenic, healthy alternative for wall paper
- Green: made with formaldehyde free adhesives.
- The best material options for allergy sufferers: hypo-allergeni, not harsh chemicals, reduce dirt, germs, and fungus,
- Sustainable: 100% renewable. No cork trees are cut down; only the bark is harvested without harm to the tree.
- Natural: natural product produced from the bark of the Cork Oak
- Cork has fire-resistant properties. These properties help in case of a fire as well as no harmful gasses are produced in the burning process.