Salami 1/4″ Cork Tiles 22SF/PKG
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century, bringing with it the textured look of hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is one of the most environmentally friendly flooring options on the market today and you’ve got a flooring material worth more than its weight in gold.
The Salami cork pattern brings a chunky ‘organic’ appeal to our glue down tiles. The ‘big’ block pattern is noted for its gorgeous palette of oranges, browns, ambers and hints of peach. Bright and fresh, the color scheme will compliment and warm a décor looking for the love of a bucolic summer’s day. Salami tiles will open areas that feel dark or cramped, and make them warm and inviting. Soft underfoot this floor is ideal in a kitchen where people congregate or play.
Our 6mm cork glue down tiles comes as 1/4 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, a square-edged design that will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as a single large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Salami glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). Since our 1/4 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork, no separate underlayment is required.
This also makes our cork tiles/planks one of the best sound and thermal insulators. A sheet ranging from 3mm to 12mm in thickness can mute sound by 10-40 decibels. Each Salami glue down tile is prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, and are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 11 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 66 square feet.
Bring the natural beauty of the forest to your interior designs with this unmatched organic decor. Cork flooring tiles are made from the bark of cork oak trees— durable, sound-dampening, and temperature-insulating for use in homes and commercial spaces alike. Cork can earn points toward ‘Green’ certification for its renewable and biodegradable properties. Today there is more of a focus on choosing home building products that are known for being eco-friendly. The reason that this choice is so green is that it comes from tree bark that naturally replenishes itself. So you can get the materials without having to cut down or damage the tree. A cork tree that has its bark harvested every nine years will absorb up to five times as much CO2 than a similar tree that is left idle. There is also no worry about green house gas emissions because these are farmed in a natural way that is also eco-friendly.
Additionally cork is a great solution for people who suffer from allergies. A cork floor is hypo allergenic and will help you to keep allergens under control in your home. Suberin, the natural waxy substance in cork repels many different allergens like mildew and mold and is resistant to liquid absorption.
In a home where ‘green’ has become a major institution cork will join the brigade and make its mark. Go with our Salami glue down tiles today and live the difference.
- Installation type: Glue-down
- High resistant Natural Shield water base polyurethane
- Width: 12″
- Length: 24″
- Thickness: Nominal 1/4” (6mm)
- Package coverage: 22 sf
- Pieces per package: 11
- Package weight: 16 lbs
- Edge type: square edges
- Installation details
- Density >500 kg/m3
- Made in Portugal
- Warm and comfortable under foot
- Reduces airborne noise or “hang time”: Reduces echo
- Insulates the floor against noise transmission
- Impact Sound Reduction 19 dB
- Suitable for use with approved radiant underfloor heating
- Save money on heating and cooling bills
- Keep out unwanted heat energy in the summer, keep it in the room in the winter
- Naturally resistant to insects, mold, mildew due to anti-microbial properties
- Resilient, low slip surface
- Impact resistant
- Excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from arthritis or joint pain
- Naturally antimicrobial properties
- Ecologically friendly – completely natural, recurring and replenishable material
- Hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles – healthy alternative to carpet
- Resists scuffs and stains
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives
- Low VOC emissions
Info & Guides
- Installation details
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity