Light Cork Flooring – Bleached Birch 6mm Tiles
Love the natural pattern of the birch wood oak bark, then look to our Bleached Birch cork flooring for a perfect addition to your space. Soft and subtle our lovely Bleached Birch glue down tiles present a muted off-white finish specked with shades of grey and the faintest lavender. This excellent floor will look gorgeous, feel comfortable and be well loved. Bleached Birch endeavors to give a natural feel to your floor, especially if you strive for the beach cottage appeal.
Our 6mm Light Cork Flooring cork glue down tiles comes as 1/4 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, a square-edged design that will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as a single large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Bleached Birch glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). Since our 1/4 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork, no separate underlayment is required.
This also makes our cork tiles/planks one of the best sound and thermal insulators. A sheet ranging from 3mm to 12mm in thickness can mute sound by 10-40 decibels. Each Logan glue down tile is prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, and are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 11 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 66 square feet.
Cork is made of the soft, spongy, but highly durable tissue found in the bark of the cork oak tree, a species native to the Western Mediterranean region. An average life span of 150-200+ years, the outer bark is stripped from the trunks of these trees once every 9 to 10 years. The tree itself is not harmed. This makes cork products one of the most sustainable natural resources in the construction industry and a major contender for green living.
Cork floors resist the build-up of dust and dirt as they are naturally anti-static and hypoallergenic. This will simplify maintenance and cleaning and also decrease the harmful effects of dust and dander for people who suffer from asthma or other respiratory diseases. The presence of suberin, a waxy substance found in cork, makes these floors impermeable to liquids and gas alike, decreasing the risk of mold growth, wood rot and insects. Additionally, cork is a natural fire inhibitor and will not spread flame.
Easy to install and environmentally sound, our Bleached Birch Light Cork Flooring is highly resilient and will not deteriorate easily even after years of use. Take on this superlative and economical asset for your flooring requirements.
- Installation type: Glue-down
- High resistant Natural Shield water base polyurethane
- Width: 12″
- Length: 24″
- Thickness: Nominal 1/4” (6mm)
- Package coverage: 22 sf
- Pieces per package: 11
- Package weight: 16 lbs
- Edge type: square edges
- Installation details
- Density >500 kg/m3
- Made in Portugal
- Warm and comfortable under foot
- Reduces airborne noise or “hang time”: Reduces echo
- Insulates the floor against noise transmission
- Impact Sound Reduction 19 dB
- Suitable for use with approved radiant underfloor heating
- Save money on heating and cooling bills
- Keep out unwanted heat energy in the summer, keep it in the room in the winter
- Naturally resistant to insects, mold, mildew due to anti-microbial properties
- Resilient, low slip surface
- Impact resistant
- Excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from arthritis or joint pain
- Naturally antimicrobial properties
- Ecologically friendly – completely natural, recurring and replenishable material
- Hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles – healthy alternative to carpet
- Resists scuffs and stains
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives
- Low VOC emissions
Info & Guides
- Installation details
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity